Diversity at JFF
JFF is committed to fostering a diverse community and an equitable and inclusive work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. We cultivate a culture of inclusion that celebrates and embraces diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
JFF's DEI Strategy
JFF believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of our organization are essential to our long-term sustainability and to our capacity to successfully fulfill our mission. A diverse and inclusive workforce brings a multifaceted range of valuable perspectives to conversations about how we should engage with our clients and partners, design effective programs, and confront business challenges to achieve success.
We demonstrate our deliberate commitment to DEI by embedding DEI principles and best practices into how we do our work, making it visible and felt throughout our organization and all that we do. Through a collaborative and comprehensive process, JFF staff developed the following definitions for diversity, equity, and inclusion:
The representation and proactive valuing of varied identities, differences, and perspectives, honoring our lived experiences, collectively and individually.
Intentional distribution of access and resources to remove the predictability of success or failure that correlates with entrenched outcome disparities within our society.
The creation of a culture of belonging that prioritizes the contribution and participation of all people in executing JFF's mission, values, and goals.
Three Key Pillars
Build Internal Capacity
With our strategy to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, JFF aims to:
- Attract, develop, and retain a diverse team of employees at all levels and in all areas of the organization
- Foster a warm, welcoming, and collaborative environment in which we embrace individual differences and perspectives and treat all people with dignity
- Establish and hold ourselves accountable to policies and practices that ensure equitable treatment for all employees
- Provide training for employees that raises their awareness and knowledge of DEI practices and encourages behaviors that reflect DEI as a critical component of organizational excellence
- Ensure that our commitment to DEI informs our efforts to promote economic advancement for all, and that we hold the principles of DEI among the benchmarks by which we measure our achievements in the field
- Act as a champion for diversity, equity, and inclusion in every capacity in which we operate, and encourage our employees to do the same—organizationally as an employer and as a national nonprofit working to ensure educational and economic opportunities for all, and individually as active contributors to our communities