Diversity at JFF
JFF is committed to fostering a diverse community and an inclusive work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. We cultivate a culture of inclusion that celebrates and embraces diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
JFF's DEI Strategy
JFF believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the organization are essential to our long-term sustainability and to our capacity to successfully fulfill our mission. A diverse workforce brings a multifaceted range of valuable perspectives to conversations about how we should engage with our clients and partners, design effective programs, and confront business challenges to achieve success. Our employees are our most valuable resource, and a diverse staff is a critical source of strength.
Three Key Pillars
Building Internal Capacity
With our strategy to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, JFF aims to:
- Attract, develop, and retain a diverse team of employees at all levels and in all areas of the organization
- Foster a warm, welcoming, and collaborative environment in which we embrace individual differences and perspectives and treat all people with dignity
- Establish and hold ourselves accountable to policies and practices that ensure equitable treatment for all employees
- Provide training for employees that raises their awareness and knowledge of DEI practices and encourages behaviors that reflect DEI as a critical component of organizational excellence
- Ensure that our commitment to DEI informs our efforts to promote economic advancement for all, and that we hold the principles of DEI among the benchmarks by which we measure our achievements in the field
- Act as a champion for diversity, equity, and inclusion in every capacity in which we operate, and encourage our employees to do the same—organizationally as an employer and as a national nonprofit working to ensure educational and economic opportunities for all, and individually as active contributors to our communities