Christel Perkins is a senior director in the Center for Racial Economic Equity at JFF. She leads the center’s strategic plan to enhance the experience of Black learners and workers in education and the workforce while scoping out high-impact projects and partnership opportunities to expand the impact of the center’s work.
Her skills and areas of expertise include:
- Advancing equity in postsecondary education access and outcomes
- Strategic planning
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Leadership development
- Knowledge and change management
Before joining JFF, Perkins served as assistant vice president, urban initiatives, at the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities.
- Bachelor’s degree in anthropology, Wheaton College
- Master’s in education, concentration in education, culture, and society, University of Pennsylvania
- EdD in education, concentration in higher education leadership, Widener University