Tara Smith is a director in the Research, Evaluation & Analytics unit at JFF. She leads research and technical assistance activities related to improving education, workforce, and cross-sector initiatives. Her work focuses on helping stakeholders and communities improve programs and services that prepare individuals for lifelong learning and career pathways leading to family economic security.
Her skills and areas of expertise include:
- Place-based and collective impact strategies
- Qualitative research and evaluation
- Project and research management
- Event planning and coordination
- Local workforce development initiatives
Before joining JFF, Smith was a research associate at the University of Texas at Austin’s Ray Marshall Center for the Study of Human Resources.
- Bachelor of science degree in applied learning and development, University of Texas at Austin
- Master’s degree in public affairs, University of Texas at Austin