Joel Vargas is vice president of the Education practice at JFF, overseeing programs focused on improving learning systems and outcomes. He was previously vice president of programs and launched our West Coast office in 2015.
His skills and areas of expertise include:
- Designing and implementing research, systems changes, and state policy agendas for integrating high school, college, and career
- Creating policy frameworks, tools, and model legislation
- Providing technical assistance to state task forces and policy working groups
Before joining JFF, Vargas directed, initiated, and studied programs designed to help students from populations underrepresented in postsecondary education enter and complete college.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, Boston University
- Master’s degree and EdD in education planning, administration, and social policy, Harvard Graduate School of Education