Adam Atwell is a senior analyst in the Research, Evaluation & Analytics unit at JFF. He conducts research and evaluation activities, informing practices and policies that promote economic advancement for young people and adults.
His skills and areas of expertise include:
- Research, evaluation, and data analysis
- Community college student success
- Career and technical education
- Community college teaching, learning, and assessment
Before joining JFF, Atwell was a full-time faculty member and director of assessment in the Office of Institutional Research and Planning at Mitchell Community College in North Carolina. He is an associate faculty member at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and an adjunct professor at North Carolina State.
- Bachelor’s degree in criminology and criminal justice, Western Carolina University
- Master’s degree in criminal justice, University of Cincinnati
- EdD in education and quantitative analyses, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Post-doctoral fellowship, North Carolina State University