The tech industry has been booming for years. Even during the COVID-19 pandemic that has resulted in mass layoffs across industries, the IT sector added 227,000 jobs in June 2020. It’s clear that these jobs aren’t going anywhere anytime soon.
However, too many people have been locked out of these career opportunities, including those without a 4-year degree who are disproportionately people of color. A plethora of training programs have emerged with the promise of providing the skills and connections people need to break into the industry, but not all of these programs are effective, or equitable.
Now, with more people out of work than ever before, we must address the challenges training programs face in order to create an equitable economic recovery in IT.
Join JFF in "Debugged: Diversifying IT through Effective Training Programs" on Tuesday, October 6 to:
- Understand the challenges and potential solutions that IT training programs face in creating an effective, equitable program
- Learn from programs who have increased equity and quality while aligning with IT employer needs
- Receive recommendations on how to move forward
You should attend this webinar if you are:
- A practitioner from an IT training or education program
- A hiring manager for IT staff, or a Human Resources representative
- A policymaker interested in connecting more people with IT careers
- Interested in diversifying the IT talent pipeline
Please note: This event will be recorded, and the recording and presentation deck will be sent to the email provided during registration following the event.
Thank you to Salesforce and Google for their support in the development of these findings and the production of this event.