Lois Joy is a director in the Research, Evaluation & Analytics unit at JFF. She leads projects investigating education and workforce pathways and opportunities for people from underrepresented groups in high-opportunity fields, including Black learners and workers and women of all racial backgrounds.
Her skills and expertise include:
- Gender and racial differences in education and labor market participation and outcomes
- Large-scale data analysis
- Mixed-methods approaches to research
- Survey development and analysis
- Policy, education, and workplace solutions to structural barriers to advancement for Black learners and workers and women of all racial backgrounds
Before joining JFF, Joy served as a principal investigator for National Science Foundation-sponsored research on pathways into community college STEM programs for women at the Education Development Center in Waltham, Massachusetts.
- PhD in economics, University of Massachusetts at Amherst