David Newsome is a director in the Employer Mobilization practice at JFF. He helps design and implement programs to advance employers’ skills-based talent practices that improve business outcomes while enabling equitable economic advancement for workers.
His skills and areas of expertise include:
- Skills-based talent practices
- Private-sector change management
- Program design and development
- Community and economic development
- Multisector partnerships and collaboration
Before joining JFF, Newsome was vice president of strategic initiatives at Virginia Community Capital Social Enterprises, a community development financial institution, where he led internal and external projects to increase access to economic opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree in linguistics, University of Virginia
- Master’s degree in city planning, MIT
- MBA, MIT Sloan School of Management