Competency-Based Education After COVID-19: How Can New Models Empower Learners and Drive Economic Recovery?
Competency-based education (CBE) offers a model for flexible, outcomes-focused learning that empowers learners and provides clear signals to employers. On May 5th, JFF hosted a conversation with education and workforce leaders to discuss the expanding role and potential of CBE in economic recovery, skills-based hiring, and supporting flexible learning and talent development pipelines.
- Charla Long, executive director of the Competency-Based Education Network.
- Nori Barajas-Murphy, principal for academic partnerships at InStride
- Corinne Bondal, manager of global product support for ACAMS
- Charles Henkels, director of Regional Apprenticeship & Work-Based Learning at Riverside Community College District
- Kelly Ryan Bailey, global skills evangelist at Emsi
- Fazilat Nassiri, director of recruiting at Guild Education