The Google IT Support Professional Certificate: Community Resources
With support from Google.org, a set of leading nonprofits and community colleges are offering the Google IT Support Professional Certificate. This credential prepares learners for an entry-level job in IT support in about eight months. Certificate earners will have the option to share their information with employers, including Bank of America, Cognizant, GE Digital, Google, Hulu, Infosys, MCPc, PNC Bank, RICOH USA, Sprint, TEKSystems, UPMC, and Walmart.
JFF is working closely with community colleges and nonprofit organizations —in select states— to support delivery of the certificate by providing technical assistance and developing resources for them.
Organizations and community colleges that would like to offer the certificate can take advantage of these materials. Email JFF to participate in this free learning community, attend select webinars, and receive resources created just for certificate providers.
This page will be continually updated as new resources become available.
A group of high-performing nonprofit providers have been offering the certificate since early 2018.
Community College Providers
Starting in fall 2018, the certificate was made available in leading community colleges. JFF is helping colleges to integrate the certificate for students to earning college credit. Participating colleges currently include:
- California—College of the Canyons, Las Positas College
- Colorado—Arapahoe Community College, Community College of Aurora*
- Illinois—City Colleges of Chicago*, Kankakee Community College, Kishwaukee College, Oakton Community College, Parkland Community College*, Prairie State College, Waubonsee Community College
- Michigan—Grand Rapids Community College, Jackson Community College, Macomb Community College, Mott Community College
- New York—Mohawk Valley Community College, Monroe Community College, Rockland Community College
- Ohio—Cuyahoga Community College, Eastern Gateway Community College, Lakeland Community College, Lorain County Community College, North Central State College, Stark State Community College
- Texas—Collin College, El Centro College, San Jacinto Community College
- Wisconsin—Gateway Technical College*, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Moraine Park Technical College, Nicolet Area Technical College, Northcentral Technical College, Southwest Technical College, Waukesha County Technical College
* designates a lead college in a consortium
If you're a student and your school currently offers the Google IT Support Professional Certificate, find your school representative here to find out more about the Certificate and how to enroll.
What is IT Support?
IT support is all about troubleshooting and problem solving when the tech fails, and providing great customer service along the way. IT support workers earn a median salary of $52,000 per year.