“Why I Apprentice” Judging Rubric
The competition organizer will use the below judging rubric to identify the top 15 videos. These videos will be passed to our panel of judges to review against the judging rubric. In the event of a tie, our youth judges will make the final decision.
Does the video follow the guidelines?
Need all to continue
- Were signed media release forms submitted for all video participants? [Yes]
- Was the online entry form completed in its entirety? [Yes]
- Is the video 60 seconds or less? [Yes]
- Is the lead producer part of a Registered Apprenticeship? [Yes]
- Are any copyrighted materials used in the video? [No]
- Is any portion of the video inappropriate? [No]
Does the video inspire others to become youth apprentices?
50% Content Quality
1. Does the video explain what benefits the lead producer has received from youth apprenticeship?
Yes, it is clear how youth apprenticeship has benefited the lead producer.
The benefits of youth apprenticeship to the lead producer are somewhat alluded to.
It is unclear how youth apprenticeship has benefited the lead producer.
2. Does the video inspire others to consider youth apprenticeship?
Yes, a viewer is left feeling that youth apprenticeship could be an opportunity for them.
The viewer is left feeling mildly interested in youth apprenticeship.
No, the viewer is left uninspired and uninterested in youth apprenticeship.
40% Memorable / Creative
1. How well does the video keep the attention of the viewer?
The video is lively and keeps a viewer’s attention from beginning to end.
The video does an adequate job of maintaining a viewer’s attention.
The video is unengaging, or the viewer loses interest before the end of the video.
2. How creative is the video?
The video uses creative or original storytelling, visual elements, or other features to enhance the message.
The video uses minimal creative elements to enhance the message.
The video lacks creativity or originality, or the elements used detract from the message.
1. Are the audio and visual components clear and easy to understand?
Both audio and visual are clear and easy to understand.
Either the audio or the visual content is challenging to understand (including typos).
Both audio and visual are challenging to understand or of poor quality (including typos).
2. How well executed are the edits and transitions in the video?
Transitions and edits are smooth and well timed.
Transitions and edits are rudimentary.
Transitions and edits are nonexistent or poorly executed.