Jobs for the Future and Achieving the Dream developed the STEM Pathways Redesign Readiness Assessment to support colleges in the Middle-Skill STEM Pathways Initiative, with generous funding from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust. The tool provides a baseline for college leaders to use as they prepare and prioritize change efforts to build middle-skill STEM pathways.
Colleges are encouraged to complete this assessment using a group of stakeholders comprised of faculty, administrators, student services staff, employer partners, and other key stakeholders. Colleges are encouraged to share the results with internal stakeholders as well as technical assistance providers to build on strengths and address needs identified in the assessment.
There are two versions of this tool—a PDF and an online form:
- To access the PDF, please click on the link under "Download" at left.
- To access the online form, new users should register for the JFF online tool system here. Please choose your own password. If you forget your password at any time, the login screen has a "forgot your password" link.
- Once registered, you can access the STEM Pathways Redesign Readiness Assessment by going to: http://application.jff.org/stemprra/
- Once you have accessed the Tool, you will see tabs for "Overview", "Purposes", and "Assessment".
- The Overview page provides more information on the tool and the Middle-Skill STEM Pathways Initiative.
- The Purposes tab walks you through how to approach completing the tool at your institution.
- The Assessment tab has the actual online form, a series of multiple choice, and open ended questions.
If you have any questions, or want to learn more about this process or tool, please contact Lara Couturier, Director at Jobs for the Future, at firstname.lastname@example.org.