Yaa Serwah Arhin is a grants management analyst at JFF. She performs financial analysis for the programs in her portfolio and creates fiscal year budgets and monthly management reports.
Her skills and areas of expertise include:
- Developing and managing annual budgets
- Developing long-range forecasts and maintaining long-range financial plans
- Assisting organizational leaders with annual audits
- Ensuring that fiscal records and reports are in compliance with the terms of all contracts
- Editing, compiling, and submitting documents for grant submissions to sponsors on behalf of program teams
Before joining JFF, Yaa Serwah Arhin was the finance and contracts manager at Catholic Community Services in Tacoma, Washington. In that role, she managed funds the organization received from the city, state, and county for the Homeless Adult Services department’s programs, which include low-income apartments, shelters, and supportive services.
Earlier in her career, she worked at the Geneva Foundation as a grants and contracts administrator, managing grants and contracts for military medical research studies.
Yaa Serwah Arhin is currently a nonscientific board member on the MultiCare Institutional Review Board in Tacoma.
She has a JD degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and a bachelor’s in anthropology from Cornell University.
Reflecting on her decision to join JFF, she says, “I was really drawn to the wide range of programs and initiatives that JFF spearheads and champions.”
“In my spare time, I enjoy reading and writing short stories and poems,” she says.