The U.S. Department of Labor selected Jobs for the Future as the lead technical assistance provider for all 60+ Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training (TAACCCT) grantees. Examples of some of our specific work with grantee states are as follows.
JFF assists with implementation coaching, strategic alignment, and evaluation and continuous improvement for TAACCCT grants in Massachusetts, Louisiana, Mississippi, and New Jersey. Drawing on our expertise in developing partnerships among community colleges, industry, and workforce providers, JFF assists with career advancement pathway strategies that include stackable certificates aligned with industry-based credentials. At Essex Community College in New Jersey, there will be a focus on IT specialties, especially for women.
Our current work in Massachusetts involves:
- Grantee convening design and delivery
- Customized technical assistance: sustainability, noncredit-to-credit transition, and data-driven decision making
- Consortium-wide support: unified career services, real-time LMI trainings
- Ongoing support to project lead
Our services to the Gulf Coast Consortium in Louisiana and Mississippi include:
- Targeted coaching to each college in the consortium
- Real-time labor-market information reports—linking existing labor market demand to college programs
- Employer engagement toolkit
- Policy support: braided funding
- Technical assistance institutes
The strategic alignment work for Essex Community College involves assisting the college in building and maintaining sustainable relationships with the public workforce system, regional economic development organizations, industry associations and employers, and other organizations. We will also deliver training to faculty and support staff on the career pathwyas through Implementation Institutes. The evalutation and continuous improvement support will involved develping strategies to effectively utilize the student data, annual evaluation findings, and cost and implementation analysis to strengthen implementation and outcomes efforts; and to effectively promote the college with employers and key stakeholders.