Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Jobs for the Future is committed to sustaining a diverse community and a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. We foster a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
JFF believes that diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization are essential to our organizational sustainability and to the successful implementation of our mission. A diverse workforce brings varied perspectives on how to engage with our clients and partners, design effective programs, and confront business challenges to achieve success. Our employees are our most valuable resource, and the diversity of our employees is a critical source of strength.
JFF will continually develop and implement a diversity and inclusion strategy that contributes to our organizational mission and goals and serves as a model for other organizations and our constituents by:
- Attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse staff at all levels and in all areas of the organization
- Fostering an inclusive and collaborative environment in which individual differences are respected and all people are treated with dignity
- Establishing and reinforcing policies and practices that ensure fair treatment for all staff
- Providing training experiences for staff that advance their understanding of diversity and inclusion as critical components of organizational excellence
- Serving as a champion for diversity and inclusion through our roles as an employer, an organization working to ensure education and economic opportunity for all, and an active contributor to our communities
JFF’s Committee for Diversity and Inclusion serves as a group of advisors and ambassadors working to promote the principles of diversity and inclusion across the organization.